What do you see when you hear the words ‘comfort zone’. I see quicksand, and I feel the texture of fluffy pillows and duvets. Staying stuck in bed for days and weeks because we know what to expect. Bed, substances, social media, or whatever our choice of quicksand is, we’re stuck. We think, “If I’ve coped with this for five weeks, I can cope with it for a little longer”. We humans are excellent at adapting but completely awful at change after all. Five weeks become five months, then five years. Sometimes, fifty. I’d say five hundred too, because we pass this on to future generations. Behaviourally, energetically and genetically.
A common idea people have is “If this has been going on, am I too deeply entrenched I cannot be helped?” It’s a scary thought that we are unfixable, so we shelve change away. And the other part of them goes, “But I’m tired. I can’t have this go on indefinitely”. And worrying about the uncertainty in change makes it seem unapproachable. It mutes our conviction to change from a holler to a whisper. How do we make things more certain?
Learn more about what change is all about, and how to change your life.
Here’s The Ultimate Guide I’ve compiled for you.
- It starts with clarity. That’s how you change your life
- It’s not your fault: How knowing this can change your life
- “How do I know I am ready for change?”: The Stages of Change theory
- How to overcome your fear of change: Slaying the 7 biggest fears
- It’s all about growing muscles: How to break a habit + form new ones
- Is it time to update your mind’s OS? On knowing your core (limiting) beliefs
Make peace with your struggles
- Creating lasting change: The secret’s in your systems
- Why you need to combine Quick Wins and Digging Deep
- Nothing is too small or too stupid: Mind your language, change your life
- React vs respond. And your new system of mindfulness and self-compassion
- How to achieve goals: Forget about finding motivation, understand momentum
- Create personal momentum, slay procrastination
- How to not procrastinate: How perfectionism causes anxiety
- Avoid analysis-paralysis
The Journey- What change is really like
- Two laws of change
- You’re not that (kind of) special: The limiting beliefs that bury the key to success
- Read this when you say “I relapsed”. . and don’t know how to get back on your feet